Skip to main content


To place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement you need a licence from your local authority. This is to make sure that it is properly set up, licensed and operated so that it benefits the business and does not cause a problem for other users of the street. Conditions may be attached and a fee is payable.

Enforcement action will be taken against any person who places items on the highway which have not been licensed by the council.

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry