Governor vacancy - Oaklands Infant School
Shape the future of our school
If you would like to make a real contribution to our children’s education, and apply your workplace skills and experience to drive continuous improvement in our school, then we would really like to hear from you.
We are looking for one person to become a governor in our Local Governing Body.
Our governors help to make sure of high standards of achievement for all children in our school by:
- making sure of clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- holding our school leaders to account for pupils’ educational performance and the performance management of our staff
- overseeing the financial performance of our school and making sure money is well spent
Being a governor is largely a thinking and questioning role. So, we are looking for people who can listen carefully, challenge constructively, contribute effectively during discussion and work well together.
The role is not too time-consuming. You would need to:
- attend 6 Local Governing Body meetings a year (all held in the evenings)
- make sure you read through the briefing documents before each meeting
- complete governor training courses from time to time
How to apply
For more information about becoming a school governor please contact the clerk to the governing body at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor, fill in the governor registration form.