Co-opted governor vacancy - Wildridings Primary School
Make a difference as a school governor
The governing body of Wildridings Primary School has a vacancy for a co-opted governor.
Wildridings is a friendly, professional, caring and safe community where everyone matters.
We are dedicated to making sure that everybody is appreciated as individuals. We provide a nurturing, inclusive, creative environment where every child can thrive through their learning.
Within our school we encourage all of our children to:
- grow as independent individuals
- be safe and to keep others safe
- be self-disciplined
- develop a desire to learn and improve
- be tolerant and respectful of others
Their high standards of behaviour and good manners are essential and actively encouraged at all times.
In conjunction with parents and carers we strive to make sure that every individual has the opportunities to flourish and develop into positive, happy and well-rounded citizens.
We are a dedicated, motivated team of volunteers. We are committed to:
- supporting and developing all our school staff
making sure that our children:
- receive quality education
- are happy and leave us with a love of learning
- are equipped to face their future with confidence and determination
Every governing body has 3 core functions:
- making sure there is clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
We are keen to hear from self-motivated and determined people who are interested in becoming a governor, particularly those with leadership, finance, HR or health and safety experience, though this is list is not exclusive
You will be provided with training. This is delivered by Bracknell Forest Council or through the National Governance Association. This includes online learning for other sectors and types of work. This training makes school governance one of the best forms of personal and professional development.
There is also a full induction programme for new governors.
How to apply
If you want to know more about the role please contact Tracey Wright, Chair of Governors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor, fill in the governor registration form.