Co-opted governor vacancy - Meadow Vale Primary School
Make a difference as a school governor
We believe that being a governor at Meadow Vale Primary School can give a volunteer a deep level of personal satisfaction in helping others in their community, as well as developing practical skills useful in all workplaces.
Our governing body is made up of 13 governors:
- the Headteacher
- 1 local authority governor
- 2 elected parent governors
- 1 elected staff governor
- 8 co-opted governors
We also employ a professional clerk.
All our governors have their own careers and responsibilities, but they dedicate time to the school when they are able.
We are looking for people with a desire to continue and improve upon the success of the school. Those with experience in education or data analysis are of particular interest to enrich the expertise of the current governing body.
Your key duties will be to:
- work in partnership with the Headteacher to promote the continuous improvement in the performance of the school
raise school standards through our 3 key roles:
- setting strategic direction
- making sure of accountability
- monitoring and evaluating school performance
You will need to:
- attend at least 3 evening meetings per term
- attend 1 evening training session per term
- visit the school during the working day at least once per term
By becoming a school governor you will be:
- helping to create the citizens of the future
- developing skills in a local community enterprise
- gaining professional development
You will be provided with training. This is delivered by Bracknell Forest Council or through the National Governance Association. This includes online learning for other sectors and types of work. This training makes school governance one of the best forms of personal and professional development.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, please request an application pack from Fiona Stanton, Clerk to the Governors by emailing Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also fill in the governor registration form.