Skip to main content

Planting on the highway

If you are applying for a licence to plant on the highway, you must fill in the Licence/consent to plant in the highway - Highways Act 1980 (Section 142) application form.


Table showing fees for plant in a highway



Commercial application fee and one inspection


Domestic application fee and one inspection


Subsequent inspections


What the law says

The relevant legislation is Highways Act 1980, Section 142.

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry