Joint Minerals and Waste Plan
Bracknell Forest Council, Reading Borough Council, the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and Wokingham Borough Council (collectively referred to as the Central and Eastern Berkshire Authorities) are working in partnership to produce a Joint Minerals and Waste Plan.
This will replace the adopted minerals and waste plans for the Berkshire area, based on up-to-date evidence of the current levels of provision for minerals and waste facilities in the plan area.
The plan aims to establish the future levels of provision required to meet national and regional policy targets and objectives. It will set out a new vision of how this will be achieved and provide details of strategic sites that are proposed to deliver the vision.
The Central and Eastern Berkshire Authorities submitted the plan for independent examination on Thursday 25 February 2021.
- submission version of the plan
- supporting documents
- details of the Programme Officer who should be contacted for any queries
Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, it is not possible to view hard copies of the documents in our offices or libraries. The situation will be reviewed should government guidance on public health change.
This marks the beginning of the examination of the plan by an independent Planning Inspector. Any 'hearing sessions' considered necessary will be advertised at least 6 weeks in advance.
Information gathering consultations were completed under Regulation 18 of the Local Planning Regulations for England.
These took place between 2017 and 2020 and include:
- summer 2017 - ‘Issues and Options’ consultation to gather technical information and confirm the evidence base
- summer and autumn 2018 - ‘Draft Plan’ consultation which set out the proposed approach
- summer 2019 - consultation on an additional site (Bray Quarry Extension)
- various ‘calls for sites’ for minerals and waste uses (spring 2017, autumn 2017, winter 2018, winter 2019 and autumn 2019)
- spring 2020 - focussed consultation on Sand and Gravel Provision and Operator Performance
The Proposed Submission Plan was consulted on for 6 weeks, beginning on 3 September 2020 and ending on 15 October 2020. All comments received have been summarised and sent to the Independent Planning Inspector for consideration.