Photo competition 2020 terms and conditions
- This competition is open to amateur photographers only. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer is considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
- Photographic entries must be taken in Bracknell Forest Borough.
- Entrants can submit up to 10 photos as digital images or hard copy prints.
- Photographs submitted in digital form should ideally be no larger 5mb in file-size, with a recommended maximum of 20mb per email, so that they don’t get blocked by our mail filters.
- Contact details will need to be provided, including the photographer’s name, and either a telephone number or email address. Personal details will only be used for the purpose of administering the competition and will not be published or provided to anyone outside of the competition partnership without the photographer’s permission.
- Entries should be sent to email@example.com. Unfortunately we cannot accept postal entries at this time.
- The closing date for entries is Saturday 31 October 2020. Any entries received after this date will not be considered.
- The organisers accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed when sent by email. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and there is no obligation to feedback on any photographic entry.
- A panel of judges will select winning entries to be featured in a public exhibition in early 2021.
The entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
- overall impact
- relevancy to category topic
- composition and arrangement
- technical ability
- The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence can be entered into.
- All entries must be original work and must not have been previously published or entered into other photographic competitions.
- The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photos entered.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the images for the competition, each entrant is party to this contractual Agreement with Bracknell Forest Council (BFC) and agrees that BFC and competition sponsors (such as the Economic Skills and Development Partnership, Duncan Yeardley Estate Agents and South Hill Park) can feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, social media, website or in any promotional material, which may include display materials. All images used will be credited to the photographer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a full list of third party partners for this competition.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Please take your photos responsibly and always follow the countryside code.
- The entrant must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries, or their parents or guardians if children under 16 are featured. If you are photographing or commissioning photography of people you will need a completed GDPR compliant photo consent form for each person.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer and so on, but not manipulate the content. The judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- We will not accept composite images - entries that stitch two or more separate photographs together to make one image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and we reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if we have reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules, acted fraudulently in any way or brings us into disrepute.
- We reserve the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Bracknell Forest Council.
To enter the competition, you have provided us with your personal data including your photographic entry(s). Bracknell Forest Council is the “data controller” of this information.
We process your personal data on the basis of our performing a task carried out in the public interest, which in this case is to raise awareness about local opportunities for access to nature, education, business etc. We also process your personal data because processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
Data protection law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of its processing, and to object to processing.
We protect your details in many ways. These include staff training, investing in technology and following strict handling and storing procedures. We will only share your data with the third parties specified in point 14.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, or if you wish to contact us to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data, please refer to the council's published privacy notice on our website.
If you raise a complaint with us about the way we have handled your personal data and you are dissatisfied with our response, you are entitled to raise a concern with the council. For further details please refer to the council's privacy notice. You can find further information about this on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website.