My account help
You can use the My account service to contact us about various issues such as reporting faulty street lights or abandoned vehicles, ordering a bin or arranging a bulky item collection.
Please check our web pages first in case the answer to your enquiry is already there. If it isn’t, you can use the relevant form, which you will find on the page.
Register for a new account
You can register for a new self service account here.
If you register and don't receive your account activation email
Check your spam or junk email folder as the account email may have been delivered there. If you do not receive and email within an hour of registering, please re-register. If the problem persists, please contact us.
If the link to activate My Account does not work
Please check that you have used the most recent activation link that we have sent to you. If you continue to experience problems, please contact us.
If you lose the email containing the account activation link
Simply re-register for an account. An email containing a new account activation link will be sent to you.
Log in to an existing account
You can access self service by selecting the My account link at the top of every page of this website.
If you have forgotten your password, go to the Log in / Register box and select the "forgotten your password" link.
You will be asked to enter your email address and details of how to reset your password will be sent to your inbox.
Sign up to view your council tax account
You can sign up to view your council tax account online. For help with the sign up process, watch our help video.
When signing up:
- you need to be the first named person on your council tax bill
- include the title (Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss) as on your bill
- do not use all capitals for your name - for example, Mr Ronald Smith not MR RONALD SMITH
- make sure there is no extra space st the end of your name
Access your previous requests
When you are logged in to your self service account you will see a "My Requests" tab.
Here you can view your previous submissions and resume any forms that you have saved.
Update your details
If you wish to update your details, simply select the profile information tab in the top right corner of the screen.
Make the required amendments to your profile and press save on the final screen.
In your profile information you can also change your password.
You must provide personal details to register for an account
In order to register and use many of the services within My Account you will be required to submit your name, address and email address. Collecting this information will make it quick and easy for you to use our online services and keep track of your enquiries.
What we do with your personal information
The information collected in the form when you create an account will only be used to improve the services we provide to you when carrying our legal obligations. For more about how we use personal data, visit Our privacy notice.
What else can I do online?
Did you know you can also access many other services, including:
- apply for jobs
- view and comment on planning applications
- view your benefits information in your My Benefits account
- apply for an e+ card that can be used for many purposes such as a library card, proof of age and concessionary bus pass
- find an affordable rental home - join the BFC My Choice housing register
- join the recycling incentive scheme
- search the library catalogue and log into your library account to renew and reserve library materials
- find out who your councillors are
- find out information and support to help you to stay independent and well
- take part in local consultations
- check your bin collection day