Skip to main content

Why you may want an assessment

If you have care and support needs, you are entitled to a needs assessment.

Care and support is the term used to describe the help some adults need to live as well as possible with any illness or disability they may have.

It can include help with things like:

  • getting out of bed
  • washing
  • dressing
  • getting to work
  • cooking meals
  • eating
  • seeing friends
  • caring for families
  • being part of the community

The assessment will see what care and support you may need. It will also look at how this will be provided and how it will be paid for.

Contact information

Adult Social Care

Make an enquiry