Skip to main content

Adult social care complaints

Who can complain?

Adult social care, housing and benefits complaints can be made by anyone who:

  • is receiving or has received services from adult social care
  • is affected, or likely to be affected, by the action, omission or decision of adult social care services
  • a representative, acting on behalf of a person who has died, or is unable to make the complaint themselves because they have:
    • a physical incapacity
    • a lack of capacity within the meaning of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
    • requested that a representative act on their behalf

Please note that there is a time limit of 12 months from when the matter being complained about occurred, to when a complaint may be made. After this time, a complaint will not normally be considered.