Code of Conduct Panel profile
This panel is a sub-committee of the Governance and Audit Committee.
Role of panel
The role of this panel is to consider allegations of misconduct against councillors and co-opted members of the council and to impose appropriate sanctions.
Membership of panel
This panel is appointed by the Council.
The panel is made up of:
- 3 councillors from the Governance and Audit Committee (based on availability)
- an independent co-opted member from the Governance and Audit Committee pool or a parish or town council representative from the pool (if appropriate)
Why be on this panel?
As an elected member, you may want to join this panel if you:
- believe that all council members should have the highest levels of integrity and compliance
- want to be part of the framework that upholds and demonstrates this
- have a calm approach and the ability to be objective and consistent
- can make evidence-based decisions
Key meeting details
Number of meetings
This panel meets as required.
If you join this panel training will be arranged as part of the induction programme to help you understand the code of conduct.
Special payments for Chairman
There is no special payment for being Chairman.