Skip to main content

Allowances and expenses

You are entitled to receive a basic allowance to cover your general duties as a councillor. You may also receive a special responsibility allowance for particular duties you undertake, for example if you are elected chairman of a particular committee. You can also claim expenses.

Information about expenses and allowances can be found in the council’s member allowances scheme in the council's constitution.

The council decides its own scheme of allowances and expenses to reflect the role and responsibilities of councillors in Bracknell Forest.

An Independent remuneration panel oversees the allowance scheme and sets out recommendations to help the council make its final decision.

Contact information

Display Name Democratic Services

Make an enquiry