Skip to main content


If you are aged 16 to 18 years and entitled to a leaving care service your personal advisor will offer advice and guidance to you and your social worker around housing issues.

If you are aged over 18, your personal adviser will help you to find suitable accommodation.

This might involve:

Staying put with your former foster carer

If this is what you and your foster carer(s) want, we will support you to remain with your foster carers under what is called a ‘Staying Put’ arrangement. This can last until you are 21.

There will be meeting about this before you become 18 and all will be explained then.

You can of course ask your social worker or your personal adviser more about this.

Contact information

Display Name Children's Social Care

Make an enquiry