Skip to main content

License a venue for a civil ceremony

To hold civil ceremonies in England or Wales, the premises must be approved by the local authority. You must be the proprietor or a trustee of the premises to apply for a licence to hold civil ceremonies.

Before making your application, please read the following information:


Fees for licensing of venues for civil partnerships.

Licensing of venues


New application (valid for 3 years)


Renewal application (valid for 3 years)


How to apply

Please use our Register Office enquiry form to let us know you would like to apply to license a venue for marriage and civil partnership.


Upon receipt of your application and the fee, we will respond to you within 28 working days and arrange to carry out an inspection of the premises.

The whole process takes between 6 and 8 weeks to complete.

Public notices

In line with the Marriages and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises) Regulations 2005, Bracknell Forest Council on behalf of the Registrar Generals Office is required to publicise all pending applications for Approved Venue Status.

The public notice consultation runs for 21 days from the date of the notice.

Current applications

There is a renewal application for Stirrups Country House Hotel.

Dated: 1 June 2021

Bracknell Forest Council has received an application from the Stirrups Country House Hotel, Bracknell Road, Bracknell, RG42 6LD, for the renewal of an approval of premises for the Solemnisation of Marriages and the registration of Civil Partnerships under The Marriage and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises)( Amended) Regulations 2011.

Copies of the application may be inspected Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4:30pm at:

Bracknell Forest Council Registration Service
Time Square
Market Street
RG12 1JD

This is by appointment only, due to current coronavirus restrictions.

Please email for more information.

Raising an objection

Anyone wishing to object to the application should submit the reasons for their objection in writing, within 21 days from the date of the notice, to the Proper Officer for the Bracknell Forest Registration Service.

Contact information

Bracknell Forest Register Office

Make an enquiry